Another early dinner for one. I mist have been craving vinegar, I ended up making 3 dishes that are all strong vinegary flavor :P
- cucumber and wakame seaweed in vinegar sauce (きゅうりとわかめの酢の物）
- Mock chicken and veggies in soy Chinkiang vinegar sauce (モックチキンと野菜の黒酢醤油煮）
- Parsley Tsukudani (パセリの佃煮）
- Daikon radish and carrots in sweet vinegar sauce (なます）
- Kelp seaweed (昆布の煮物）
- Hijiki seaweed (ひじきの炒り煮）
- White rice with grains ( 白米）
- Kenchin jiru (けんちん汁）
I made the chinkian vinegar sauce dish for the first time, but i really liked it! :) numnumnum. I’m saving some for myself to make some noodle dish for lunch sometime! :)
And this was my lunch, made fried rice with the leftover brown rice. I mixed with all those little dishes i had in the fridge! :P
And whitney and I went to a grocery store and bought 6 oranges for $1, and surprisingly, the oranges were super fresh and super sweet, I might even say these were the best oranges I’ve had!
But then I made them into jelly with agar agar. Because that’s what I bought them for! :) Kempers are very well stocked with fruits this week, we got grapefruits, oranges, apples and a cantaloupe! We eat so much fruits now, we used to never do, strange!